The first step in bringing PACE to BC is enacting PACE-enabling legislation in the BC Legislature. PACE BC's #PickupthePACE campaign is advocating for the adoption of the strong Provincial PACE enabling legislation that accomplishes the following objectives:
- Ensures PACE is available for a broad spectrum of improvements including most energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy projects.
- Establishes broad PACE funding options that allow for capital investment from the private sector.
- Makes PACE available for both residential and commercial property owners.
- Ensures PACE is available for retrofits and new builds.
- Ensures PACE loans can be tied to the property, and not the individual borrower, such that in the event of a property sale, remaining loan payments become transferable to the new owner.
- Allows PACE to refund 100% of the projects hard and soft costs.
- Allows PACE programs to be administered by third-party, non-governmental organizations that minimize the administrative burden on local municipalities.
- Ensure PACE programs are available for retroactive financing for projects started within the last 3-5 years.